Thursday, August 21, 2014

#7 BPM 12c New Features --> Process Instance expiration

Nice feature...

A new pre-defined variable - expiration is now available.

You can use get/set on this.

Here is a simple example -



Here I set expiration to
xp20:add-dayTimeDuration-to-dateTime(xp20:current-dateTime(), 'PT3M')


I do this in the Start activity of my process. I also log the expiration value after output association.








So we should timeout after 3 minutes.

I deploy and test -










The expiration date has been set correctly, I started the test at 11:50.

I wait and meditate...

suitably refreshed, I return to em and see the timeout error.
















Now I change the composite to catch this timeout.
































I deploy / re-test.



















Here is my log message from the error handling sub-process -










Check out Albin's blog for syntax on using dates etc and xp20

No comments: