Monday, July 13, 2015

#411 Introduction to Process Cloud Service - Simple Order Process

PCS Roles

A good way to begin with PCS is by looking at the default roles.
Here they are -

Process Service Developer -











Process Service User -















Process Service Administrator -





















Ok, the above are self explanatory, but nothing beats a simple example.

Here is a very simple order approval process -

Creating a business process in PCS

I log in as the process developer - niall

















This brings us into the Composer -











I create a New Application -



















Apps live within spaces.

























So what does an app contain?


























Processes - our business processes.

Web Forms - our user interfaces.

Business Types - our business objects e.g. order, customer etc. 
can be based on an XSD

Decisions - Business Rules that can be called by your processes.

Web Services - services called by the processes.

Business Types

Here I define a business object based on an xsd.

























Processes

Now I create the process -

Note the patterns offered -














I choose the Form Approval Pattern -





Note the option to create a Document Only process.

Here is the template -












I begin by defining the swimlane roles - CSR and MGR






















I now define my data objects -






















I now define the Web Form for the Order -

Web Forms 


I can base the form on an existing business object as shown below -











Add the Order Business Object to the Form's Data Palette -
























Or else, I could start from scratch, building the form and with widgets from the palette.


I tidy this up a bit...

This stuff is pretty intuitive, so just play around with the Settings / Style.

I can test this out by pressing the running man icon.


Looks good.

Now, I leverage the form in the process -

Implement Submit Request



Note: I select the web form, I just created.


Note also, the documentation / business properties -


 Now, I do the required Data Association -



Implement Approve Request





Do Data Associations -



Implement Approved? Decision Gate




Implement Re-Submit and Fulfill as per the Approve activity.

Note these are "SUBMIT" style human tasks - i.e. no approval rules.

Here are the actual types of human task available to you in PCS -


That's the implementation done, now let's "Play" the process.

Test the Process via Play




Notice the icon at the Start activity - I click on it, to start testing.


Note: I have no one assigned as yet to the CSR role, so I click on 
Manage Role Mappings




I click Submit

I approve the order -


Note: I can add comments, attach docs, view the history etc

I approve and on it goes to the Fulfill activity - I assume you all get the idea.

PCS - Simple, yet very effective!










No comments: