Sunday, December 4, 2016

#538 Leveraging the Eloqua REST API from ICS

This post shows you how to leverage the Eloqua REST api, using getContact as an example.Firstly, we test using Postman, then, we take what we have learned and implement a simple integration in ICS.

Test the REST


Here is a simple example of getting a contact from Eloqua -

The REST API doc for Contacts is here

The general REST API docs are there

First step is to get your base URL -

GET https://login.eloqua.com/id 

I execute this request in Postman -


















Note: I use BasicAuth and the username has the format CompanyName\User.












Check out the "base" on line 15. Yes, I have obfuscated it somewhat.

Now I take this base url and add - /data/contact/{id}
















Let's look at the contact in Eloqua, before executing the REST request -


























Note the Eloqua Contact ID field value above.
I drop the leading CMK110000000000 - leaving me with id=16.

I use this value in the request -





and get the following response -

















I save this response to a file - here is the format -

























Create a new Eloqua REST connection in ICS

























Note I use the base url from above here.
Username again in the format CompanyName\User.









Create a new integration in ICS

I then create the integration and drop this connection as an invoke -




I use the response file I saved here.






















I now drop a REST adapter as Trigger -




I use the response file I saved here.



























I do the mapping -

Request -



Response -


















I set the Tracking -













I activate the integration and then test -












Also worth looking at is the A-Team blog post on Eloqua integration.






















You can check it out here

No comments: